Ever wondered about whether running a Facebook Competition on your Facebook Page would be a good idea?
You’ve ummed and aaaahhhhed over it but really got no further. It’s sat on the back burner because you are a little bit worried about messing up.
My go to guide for information about the rules and what you need to keep your eyes out for is a fantastic blog from the lovely Beckie Coupe from Infinity (my gorgeous SM Strategy Guru)…
Over & above keeping within the rules (which is an absolute MUST as the last thing you want to do is to loose your Facebook Page) there are other things you might wanna consider.
Here’s My Low Down
💡 Decide on the purpose of the competition. The competitions that I run have 2 purposes. They are designed to optimise interaction and to build relationships with my crowd. I don’t make signing up a condition of entry very often. They are there to get eyes on my Facebook Page, to get interaction rocking and to give back to my gorgeous crowd (which in turn shows them that I’m not a money grabbing marketeer << which I hope they know anyway). So – FIRSTLY – decide on your purpose. Please don’t read this and think that you can’t collect emails for a competition, I’m absolutely not saying that but more often than not I run my competitions with ease of entry, taking away the barriers and for the reasons I’ve popped in this paragraph.
💡 Choose a great prize. It’s often great to start out with a physical product. If you have a business that has physical products then that’s a dandy place to start BUT if you don’t then think about the types of products which might compliment your business and that your fans are going to be super excited about receiving. If you can also include some branded products then that’s also A-MAZING.
💡 Make that prize specific – so that you are attracting the right people to enter.
💡 Include an image on the post to capture the eye and imagination!
💡 Add T&Cs to your first comment as the competition goes live (I’ll pop in the T&Cs I use to the bottom of the post – I’m NOT giving you any legal advice on these and it’s your responsibility to look into it further if you want to – but these are the ones I use).
💡 Keep the timescale for entry short & sweet so that you can have a dedicated period of time to promote it. I usually pop it live one morning and then close it at the lunchtime of the next day.
💡 Pin the post to the top of your Facebook Page.
💡 Drive people to the competition from your other platforms (so, go talk about it on Twitter & Instagram and any other platforms you use regularly).
How To Pick Winners
✔️ I abdicate all responsibility when it comes to picking winners (<< read BIG baby there ????) because I don’t want any finger pointing or people to think I’m picking people whom I want to win.
✔️When the time is up on the competition I go in and edit the post by including at the top of the post ⛔️The Competition Is Now Closed ⛔️
✔️ A Winner is picked (see exactly how it’s done on the link just below here).
✔️ I then go onto a live stream – which I usually entitle “winner winner chicken dinner” and then announce the winners.
✔️ I also go back to the original thread and comment below the winners comments.
Hopefully that has demystified it a little bit for you! Don’t hesitate to pop a comment in if you have any questions.
Here’s The T&Cs I use…
Terms and Conditions apply:
1. The competition is being run by Coaching Rockstars Ltd
2. The competition opens at 8.30am on 1st August 2017 until 12noon on 2nd August 2017.
3. You must be aged 18 years or over to enter this competition.
4. Only one entry to the competition is permitted per person.
5. All entries will be entered into the competition; four winners will be selected at random.
6. The winner will be notified via Facebook Messenger by 7.30pm on 2nd August
7. The winner will also be announced via the Rebels & Rockstars media channels.
8. The winner be entitled a copy of Beyond Ordinary & Facebook With Soul.
9. This prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
10. Winners that we can’t contact within seven working days by reasonable means will lose their entitlement.
11. Rebels & Rockstars accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered to you or any other person’s as a result of entering the prize draw or accepting the prize.
12. By entering this contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any or all liability in connection with this contest.
13. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
14. Promoter: Rebels & Rockstars The prize draw will be governed by English law.