So many small businesses get writer’s block when it comes to creating content.
They are paralysed by the thought of getting it wrong or not being professional enough. The brilliant news is – you can learn to be a better writer. Once you get clear on who you are writing for and why you are doing it, the whole process becomes much easier.
If you make writing a regular part of your working week, you will soon see the benefits across your whole business.
Here are eight reasons you should get writing!
- If you write clearly with your target audience in mind – people will trust what you have to say.
- By communicating regularly with your customers via a blog, e-newsletters, webinars, free resources and your social channels you connect and create conversations with them, which in turn will lead to sales.
- You will save time and money by being clear about what you want to write. No more faffing around on the Internet trying to find content ideas.
- You will be more productive because you have a content plan to stick to.
- If you blog regularly, you can position yourself as an expert in your field.
- Blogging also helps with SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). Blogs can also act as a key bit of content that can be shared and used on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email newsletters and e-books.
- You will stand out from the crowd with an authentic voice that will resonate with your customers.
- You can get clever with your the content and repurpose it. You can make videos, social media posts and other types of content all from piece of written content!
If you need help telling your business story and want to go on a content adventure with me, join my Selling with Stories – Create Content that Converts course. It starts in January, and we have an amazing early bird deal until Friday 7 December. www.clairewinter.info/sellingwithstories.
You can also join my community Cracking Content for writing and content tips. www.facebook.com/groups/crackingcontent/