We all get those times, those times where we stare and stare at the screen and for all the love in the world nothing’s coming 😡
You have a choice in that moment. You can get annoyed and angsty OR you can vomit something out there that’s a little half arsed OR you can step away a moment!
My choice is always the stepping away.
I’ve learned that trying to force it will make it worse and the more angsty I get the worse it becomes.
BUT, equally, consistency is really really important SO how do we strike that balance?
- 🌟 get content in the bag. When you are in the mood to create then get ahead of yourself and save things to use at a later date.
- 🌟 read something inspiring for 10 min and get that creativity rolling.
- 🌟 move away from the screen
- 🌟 have a shower or a bath 🛀🏽 and let your mind wander, chances are that it’ll find some inspiration. Yup, you can even do that during the day 😉
- 🌟 look through some old notebooks ~ I find that there’s often absolute GOLD in there!
- 🌟 listen to some music
- 🌟 meditate
- 🌟share something you already have – I’m a huge advocate of re-using content (and if you pop into the search bar on the website and type in “content” you’ll find ace ways to re-use the stuff you’ve already created ~ even this blog is a re-use of content 🙌).
- 🌟listen to a podcast
- 🌟 journal and let your random thoughts 💭 flow
- 🌟 chat to a friend
- 🌟 make sure you’ve eaten and aren’t dehydrated
- 🌟 go outside, walk the 🐶 dog, go to the park
- 🌟 take the afternoon off
- 🌟 grab a YouTube video that’ll make you laugh, smile or inspire you
- 🌟 help someone with something
- 🌟 de-funk in your favourite way
Whatever you do, don’t try to force it.
If you need a hand with getting a stack of content ideas rolling then make sure you nip into The Vault and grab the “How To Come Up With Hundreds of Content Ideas Fast” ~ you can get instant access (if you don’t have FREE access to the Vault yet) by filling in your deets below…
There’s Somewhere You Need To Be Right Now
Yeah, let’s get specific ~ there’s videos and cheatsheets and checklists and pro-formas, from Launch Plans to List Building Sheets, whole ebooks on Websites, Your Energy, Creating Change, as well as packs to support you to Work Flexibly and checklists to help you to create converting Sales Pages and MUCH more! Yeah, there’s stacks BUT it’s not overwhelming, you get ongoing access and simply grab what you need, when you need it!
If it’s your first time here I wanna start off with a VERY warm welcome! I’m Emma Holmes and I’m head Rockstar at Rebels & Rockstars. My mission is to help and support you to build a business that’s sustainable, profitable, never overwhelming and stacks of fun!
I’d love it if you had a shimmy around the site, you can find out a stack more about me on the “about me” page and do make sure you follow along on Social Media for all the updates, hints, tips, advice and support.